Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The All-American Family

Last weekend we went Dallas for Kyle's final appointment with the Government. He was interviewed and asked questions about the U.S. government (next time you see him ask which were the first 13 colonies to become states), then he had to write a sentence in English as dictated, then he had to read a sentence in English. He passed all three parts easily and was informed that he was recommended for citizenship. We went back later that day for the Oath Ceremony where he swore allegiance to the United States. So that's it, we're done. No more paying hundreds of dollars every time we file more paperwork, no more informing them every time we move, no more making sure all our bills have both our names on them so that we can prove we're married, and no more worrying about getting back in when we go to Canada to visit. We're done.
Besides that part, we had a nice little trip. We had a great time staying with Peggy and Joe, Kyle's aunt and uncle, and met up with Camilla whom I lived with my first year and a half at BYU-Idaho and met her husband. It was a good time, but having a baby has really made me appreciate getting back on a schedule, so it was nice to get home. Kyson did very well on the drive and slept most of the 6 hours. He practiced driving a little when we stopped to feed him as you can see. Also, I threw in that last picture because I'm just so sad that my boy has outgrown his bouncy seat. I had to rescue him about 10 seconds after I took this picture . What will I do?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay Kyle!

Danielle and Derek said...

Congratulations, Kyle. Too bad we won't see you at Christmas to celebrate. I bet Derek would have liked to watch "Strange Brew" with you or something.

katie said...

yay! congrats!

Andrea :) said...

Ya Hoo Kyle! Glad you are no longer an alien... Ha! Ha! J/K :)