I haven't posted in awhile, and Kyson is at an age where new things are happening all the time, so there's a lot to tell.
First off, we found out he had RSV a week and a half ago, after him throwing-up off and on for about a week and a half before that. He also had an ear infection, possibly as a result of the respiratory virus. I've been staying home with him and giving him nebulizer treatments when he sounds weazy and doing a whole lot of nose sucking. He seems to be better, he never acted really sick until the day that I took him in. In fact, I have a little video that I'll share soon of him acting really happy and energetic at the hospital after I took him in reporting lethargy. I think his first experience with Motrin made him a little loopy.
About a week before all that happened, I started working for a dentist here who sees mostly children. It's kind of an on-call job, but so far it's been 3 half days a week, which isn't too bad. We have a great babysitter, plus I think it's good for Kyson to be with other people sometimes and to socialize with other kids.
Besides all that stuff, Kyson has really started getting around by scooting. It's actually hilarious to watch because he puts his head on the floor looking toward one side or the other, than gets up on his tippy toes and pushes himself while swimming with his arms. It's the wheelbarrow affect. He's getting proficient at it, so I went ahead bought a new mop for the kitchen that I thought would clean better, dusted lower areas I usually don't get to, and removed things from low shelves. Aww a baby-proof house, I knew it would have to happen sometime.
He's also turned into such a drama king! He throws fits when I set him down and walk away. First he screams at me as loud as he can, then flings his head into his boppy and continues for a few minutes. This little fit throwing also occurs when I put him down for a nap, and when I take something away from him that he can't have. It's like the world is ending.
Other than that, we're still fighting eczema. It seems to be getting better, but he keeps scratching at it, making it bleed. First I put bandaids on it all the time, but he started pulling them off and putting them in his mouth so now we just put a sock on his right hand when we put him to bed. It seems to work.
The picture I have is his first attempt at Roman Noodles, which I think 2% actually made it into his mouth, followed by a teething biscuit which they really should put on the box that after eating one a bath is required. He enjoyed them though.
3 comments:
Kyson is so adorable! It sounds like he's growing up to be a big kid with a big personality.
I hear you about the struggle with eczema - Julia and Annika go through a lot of hydrocortizone!
So Cute! He does seem to have a fun little personality. We've been through RSV and eczema with both of our kids so I feel your pain. It's no fun to see them so uncomfortable. Thank goodness for modern medicine! I don't know what we would do without our Nebulizer and our drugs!
Glad that Kyson is feeling better. He really is a pretty boy (in a handsome kind of way). Congratulations on your first biter-biscuit-everywhere picture - it's a must for every baby.
Post a Comment