For Halloween this year we went to the Welling Community party that is held yearly at the church (Welling is a prodominatly LDS community). I wasn't sure exactly how it would work out because I couldn't see the fun in walking around in a circle in the gym getting candy, but I really was pleasantly surprised. They served beef on a bun , but also had a chili cookoff and an ice cream contest. Calvin, Kyle's dad, entered the chili competition, and Kyle entered both chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Neither Kyle nor Calvin won, but it was pretty fun anyway (plus Kyle and I learned how to make ice cream :) Our little cowboy was by far the cutest there, but I don't like to brag. You'll just have to see for yourself.

Here he is on his horse before we left, then with an added eye-liner mustache at the party.

This only captures part of the crowd. Both sides of the gym are lined with people also as well as this middle portion. The kids got into a 'parade' and they walked and got their candy.

Trying to figure out what's going on.

Forget the bag, he just wanted to take the candy and run.

Wrangler butts, drive me nuts....
Even tough guys need their mommy sometimes.
4 comments:
He is the cutest cowboy ever! How are ya doing? You look happy and it sounds like ya'll are having fun though we miss you!
So cute!! Kyson looks adorable - I miss that little guy! I love all the posts - it was fun to see what you have been up to! I hope all is well - I will call next week and we'll catch up some more!
Fun times in Canada! Those are great FHE traditions. I think you can brag all you want - Kyson is the cutest little cowboy I've ever seen.
I can see why Kyson was the hit of the party. How cute can you get! That looks like a great trick or treat party and a much better idea than trunk-or-treating because the weather is so unpredictable.
Lindsey, you are a fantastic blog creator and the pictures are great!
Post a Comment