Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happenings

What we've been up to in pictures:

Some crafting

Some crying

Some sleeping

Some partying

And some snuggling

These are just a few of the things that are keeping us busy now-a-days. There actually isn't that much crying, Dillon is a very good baby. Kyson loves on him all the time and loves to give him a play by play of what's going on (i.e. "I'm gonna throw this in the garbage, baby. I'll be right back."). I feel very lucky that I can manage most days to get the boys to take a nap at the same time. Dillon likes to snuggle, so we just all lay in bed together and sleep the afternoon away. The diaper cake is from a baby shower that the ward threw for myself and 2 other women that just moved in and just had babies. It was so nice of them and they really went all out. We are blessed to have such good friends here. When I was getting ready to be discharged from the hospital I was asked a few times if I had family close by to help out. Every time I would answer that our closest family is 3 1/2 hours away they would look at me like "what are you going to do you poor thing." What they didn't know was that we have such good friends from church that have really taken care of us and that I know I can call whenever I need anything. The true blessing is that I know that no matter where we move, I will always have this support network there for me. I've been very grateful lately for the people around me who have been helping me by doing things from bringing dinner to letting me complain and offering good advice. Hopefully as things slow down I'll be able to pass the generosity along.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Great pics! The one of the two beds looks like Dillon has already passed Kyson in size. You need to post more with them together! I'm glad things are going well! I keep thinking I'll call, but it is usually not a good time for you. After 5 is usually the craziest time for me! I'll try to call on the weekend sometime! Love you! Glad that you have such good support!

Camilla Cole said...

Dillon is beautiful!

Danielle and Derek said...

Very nice diaper cake. The crafts are pretty impressive, too. Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

Torrie said...

Lindsey, I am sending out Christmas cards and I have your address in Welling, AB. Is that right? I don't have your e-mail address or I would contact you that way. Cute kiddos!