Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Update at last!

So since we've been in Saskatoon and I don't have a computer there I've checked on other people's blogs via the library and friend's computers, but haven't wanted to overuse by spending the time making a post. Well, this week we are back in Welling visiting Kyle's parents, so I thought I'd update and get some pictures on here.

We're here because Kyle is working in a city about an hour and a half away from Saskatoon and instead of driving there and back everyday, they are staying all week in a hotel. We thought it would be a good time to get out of town ourselves and make the 7.5 hour drive here yesterday. Kyle is doing well at selling, and is getting better all the time. It has been a really good experience for us in more ways than one and we'll always be happy to have decided to try something different.

Kyson and I have been keeping ourselves pretty busy too. There are 4 other spouses there with kids and we get together with them and go to the spray park, or to the zoo, or the library, or just for walks. Also Saskatoon has had a couple community events that we've had fun at, like a Children's Festival and a party at the park. It's so pretty there along the river with big trees that make nice shade.

We've also been seeing a couple different doctors that are available there. I've, obviously, been to the Obstetrician, and Kyson as been to a pediatrician, an allergist, and we have an appointment with a dietician for next week. It's always good to get several opionions. They're still a little worried about Kyson's size and we're going to try to maximize his caloric intake. Also, the allergist recommended introducing eggs in baked goods into his diet slowly, so hopefully no more bringing our own egg-free cookies to birthday parties! Peanuts are still completely avoided. They did give me a practice epi-pen though (without a needle) to better show people how to use it, and that will be handy.

Our baby seems to be coming along nicely, no problems there. I did have an ultrasound, but the baby was up-side down so the sex could not be determined. I have another one scheduled though and am hoping to find out then.

Here's some pictures of our silly, sassy kid.




Kyson loves Kyle so much and misses him so much when he has to work. When he is home, Kyson is always by his side or on top of him.

Having a fun time walking on daddy's feet.

I got these winter boots for him at our ward garage sale and he really likes them. It is hot here, but this is what he wants to wear. I haven't let him wear them out, but I'm sure we're going to have to confront that issue soon.

Another boot pictures.

While I'm thankful he's outgrown the 'avoiding looking at the camera at all costs' stage, the cheesy smile stage is also very silly. I just wish he could smile with his eyes open!

Favorite place to play: on the pizza box
We somehow managed to pick the only cold part of this day to go to the spray park. It didn't stop this little trooper.

Running through the water. It was so cold, there isn't even anyone else playing in the background. This place is usually packed.

Showing off his face Elmo and his hand tattoo of a sunshine from the festival.

This is pretty gross of me, but it was cute how Kyson was feeling the baby and had been laying his head on it. This isn't even a good pregnancy picture because I'm sitting funny. Oh well, you'll just have to try to focus on my cute kid.


Last but not least, our morning horsey ride. Sometimes Kyson is on top, and other times they are both horseys together. No wonder dad is the favorite!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Great to hear from you! Maybe I'll try to call you tomorrow, if you're around. You all look good! We miss you!

The Hamiltons said...

What a cutie! It sounds like you're having a great time there - glad to hear that Kyle's work is going well.

Aaron and Steph said...

Yay, I've been anticipating some updates! So is Kyson too small for his age or something, is that what you were talking about? He looks so cute!I have a feeling our child will be a little runt haha, but what can you do? I can't wait til you find out what you're having, that's the best! Do you guys think you'll go out with Apx again next year? It would be fun to be on the same team if we could!

Danielle and Derek said...

That spray park is so cool - I wish we had one around here. Kyson is too cute!

Torrie said...

Thanks for the update! What a cute, silly boy you have. I love the boots. Avery picks out crazy things to wear all the time and I let her go in public most of the time. As long as you're ok with it, I say let him wear the snow boots to show the world!!

Julie said...

I've been wondering what you guys have been up to! I'm glad everything is going well. That's so cute that Kyson will sit on your lap and look at the baby (well, your stomach). That's so nice that you have other moms to do stuff with! Sound like you're having a fun summer so far.