Kyle and Bob (his Apx co-worker) shared a birthday, so they both cut the cake the team bought.
Instead of the traditional strawberry pie, I made him a strawberry shortcake this year. We went to Fuddruckers for dinner, then came quickly back to eat some cake before trying to go see the Canada Day fireworks (which we missed, but that's not the point). Hopefully he had a fun day even though he still had to work.
We had Kyson's birthday party at a park this year and though we didn't get rained out like last year, it was very windy and we spent a good amount of time holding everything down so it wouldn't blow away. So much for roasting hot dogs. Oh well, luckily I planned to have them boiled just in case we couldn't roast them.
Here's Kyson taking a swing at his airplane pinata which I made with a lot of help from my good friend Lise-Anne.
I absolutely love this picture because he's actually pretending to blow out the candles upon my request. It was too windy to even get them lit. What a good sport! I think the kid next to him is thinking "what's he doing? they're not even lit."
Call it vanity, but I had to get a picture of my cake creation immediately after it was finished just in case it didn't make it in good condition very long. Kyson was very excited, he loves seeing tractors around town and is even happier when he gets to ride on one.
Here's a little snapshot of the kids at the party during present opening. Despite the wind I think it turned out well and we were glad to have so many friends come.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Kyson! We miss you!
Post a Comment