Thursday, March 18, 2010

The last couple weeks

Time seems to be really flying now-a-days. We went down to Welling for Kyle's reading week the first week of March and I didn't take a single picture. I actually left the camera in the car the entire time. It was fun, we spent time with some friends, hung out with family, and got to make a trip to the temple with a babysitter close-by. The weather was beautiful and the snow down there was almost all melted. Kyle, unfortunately had to spend most of his time doing school projects. It was hard to come back, but only 1 1/2 months left! The week we got back Kyson and I were sick with fevers and coughs. We shared the cough with Dillon, but luckily we're all mostly better beside coughing a little. Here are a few pictures. They are in backwards order.

Let me just preface this first one by explaining that I have kind of started a little playgroup in my ward with some of the other stay-at-home moms. It's been really low-key where we just meet at the church and let the kids run wild and play with balls while the moms visit. Well, I had been thinking that sometime we should go tour the firestation here in town because we drive by it all the time and Kyson always gets excited if he sees a fire truck out. So on Monday I called and arranged for my playgroup to go tour it on Wednesday at our normal time. One of the ladies in our group called me and mentioned that she put this activity on her facebook group for 'Olds and Area playgroup' and that 5 people had said they were coming. I was surprised and happy because frankly I was a little nervous about the turnout. Let's face it, no one wants to arrange a tour then be the only one who shows up. Anyway, Wednesday comes around and you can imagine my surprise when this happens...

I was shocked! It was a fun tour, but a little overwhelming because of all the people.

This is to show my mother that even though I didn't go buy corned beef and cabbage (I really wanted to, it just didn't work out), that we still had a festive St. Patrick's Day dinner. As a side note, these shishkobobs really were working well being broiled until the sticks started burning and set the fire alarm off. And yes, the rice is green.


Here are the before and afters of my first 'scissors' haircut I've ever given Kyson. Didn't turn out too bad, but I think his hair is forgiving.


Here's our sweet, chubby 5 month old. He's a keeper!

I just had to stop trying (unsucessfully) to dress Dillon and take a picture of him trying to eat Kyson's truck. He's such a wiggle worm and moves all around now that he can roll and turn.

These last two were actually taken at the end of February when we got to go to Red Deer and meet Kyle's sister and her kids that were staying in a hotel as a little vacation while their dad was having a work conference. It was fun. The first is Dillon and Daicey who is 3 months older than him and has fantastic hair, and the second is Kyson and Logan, the wild boys.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Great to see you! So glad that everyone is on the mend and that Kyle only has 1 1/2 months left! Aren't you so glad! Everyone looks great!-- good job with the playgroup!

Phillip and Kathy said...

That was a great fieldtrip! Looks like the families in Olds have a need for that sort of activity. Maybe your friends can continue it when you leave. Green rice is good enough. At least you had the right idea. Cute pose showing Dillon's chubby legs and Kyson always adorable.
Mom

Danielle and Derek said...

I love Dillon's bright-eyed picture! Good job on Kyson's hair cut. Hopefully we'll get our boys together sooner than later.