Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter and Other

Easter 2010

Easter this year started out with dying eggs for FHE
Then a playgroup Easter egg hunt which I took NO pictures of on Wednesday.

Then a completely crazy community event on Saturday that was packed with kids. I ran holding Kyson for the egg hunt and we ended up with 1 egg. It was insanity.


And finally, Easter morning. Here are my bunnies this morning.

Kyson was excited about his duck whistle/bubbles that the Easter bunny brought him.


Sweet Dill.


And this is how it ended.
We had a nice big roast beef dinner and Kyson ate it really well, then had some treats, then gagged on something and horked up all his dinner, then asked for a grilled cheese sandwich and his picture taken. Fun stuff.
It really was a nice day though and we got to enjoy Conference at the church for the morning session, which I think is a tradition worth keeping because it forces the kids to pay attention a little bit. We watched for grandpa like usual and saw him a couple times. We stayed home for the afternoon session and listened to it while we made dinner, then had a friend from the ward over to enjoy our feast with us. Delicious!

Other happenings

We've had Superman in our house all last week. He wore his costume that his cousin Jacob gave to him (and he proudly tells that to everyone) everyday and loved to run and jump like Superman.
He did things like: fix our chair (Kyle showed him how to use his toy wrench a few days before and I found him like this afterward)



Fly around the house

After he jumped he came to look at the picture and said "I want him to walk in the picture."
I wasn't sure what he meant at first, then finally figured out he wanted me to take a video of him jumping. So here it is. Notice that he comes to look at it immediately afterward.


And he defended us from evil villians. Yay Superman!! Now I just need to make him a cape somehow.

Superman also enjoys taking pictures of mom and dad. Once again, I love digital cameras. I just let him go to town and don't worry about it.

Kyson also got to have a little friend come over and play this week and he LOVED IT. I loved watching him interact with another kid. He just turned completely silly!

Now onto Dill...

Dillon LOVES balloons!! In fact, I don't even bother fighting to get him dressed if he has his eye on a balloon because it is a fight I can't win. He just HAS to have it.

He's getting pretty good at sitting up, but still falls often.


SAY WHAT?!
The big news though, which I found out this morning and am still recovering from is that he is mobile! I still can't believe it. I mean, he's been rolling and twisting and pivoting for awhile now, but I set him down this morning and went to make breakfast, then came back and he was literally 8 feet away chasing after a balloon. I watched as he army crawl/scooted toward it. What the heck!? He won't even be 6 months old until Friday! This is CRAZY! Anyway, I'm proud of him, but also not ready for my baby to be moving like that. It shouldn't surprise me though because this kid was ready to go and be on the move when he was born. Crazy kid.

Is it bad to say that it makes me feel a little better that he's not very happy about moving either? He's like "Mom, just give me the dang balloon, don't make me come get it!"

3 comments:

Julie said...

Cute Easter pics! I was thinking of you today while watching conference because I saw your dad singing. At least I'm pretty sure it was him...in the front row I believe? Anyway, it looks like things are going well and that your boys keep you busy and laughing!

Emily said...

Cute pics!
No Capes! Haven't you seen the Incredibles?
I can't believe that Dillon is crawling! He is so young! Thanks for posting the video, or I may not have believed it!
We always look for your dad too! I guess we feel cool knowing someone famous...kind of. : )

Danielle and Derek said...

Kyson is a great Superman; Ethan would love to play with him. Way to go on the crawling, Dillon! I love his bright eyes.