Sunday, October 2, 2011

What you missed...from January to July

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a terrible blogger. However, the proud side of me sometimes wins over the unmotivated side and I just have to show off my cute kids...


July --a busy month


Kys and Logan at Canada Day parade


The other picture I took that day (which is truly terrible of me because it was also Kyle's birthday. whoops.)


We got up to Waterton National Park only once, but it was fun.


At Waterton.


Throwing rocks at Waterton

At the end of June we spent a 5 days at my parents house in Utah. Danielle, Rachel, and Katie were also there at the same time.


Dills and Bryce bonding in the pool.



We met Collin for the first time. How cute!


These two became quite good little friends.


One perk of G&G's house:playing with fire.


Watching the fireworks that the dads' are doing in the road.


At the famous Pioneer Day parade in Salt Lake City


The (present) grandkids with great-grandma Ness. It was great to see her! (side-note: Danielle-the-magnificient made all those matching shirts for them)


Dill took a special liking to grandma Ness. I'd like to think he remembers her from the pre-existance, but there's a small chance it could also be her cool walker that she gave him rides in.



June
Who doesn't love a good roll in dirty clothes now and again?


Would someone please tell me what I'm SUPPOSED to say when my 20 month old puts his cereal bowl on his head and says "Mom! Hat!"



Afternoons that turn into kid parties should always include popsicles.



May
This is maybe when he started having at least one shoe/boot on at all times. Can I say though, that the couch was the true loser from this encounter with marker. (Thankfully it was washable and it was on the leather couch, and this served as a wakeup call for me to put all the Sharpies on top of the fridge.)


We got to go with Parent Preschool for the end-of-year party to the local fire station. My boys loved it!


This is about when we really got into stickers and bandaids (what's the difference...really?).

Also at the end of May Katie brought Justin over to meet some of her family. I don't want to give myself too much credit, but it was only 2 months after said visit that they got engaged. Your welcome.

(And sorry about this picture. It's the only one I had of you both and I think you're thinking..'Kyson, are you supposed to be playing with your mom's camera?')



Everyone loves Aunt Katie

(even if they don't necessarily love getting pics taken)


April


We had some friends over for April Fool's Day dinner and this kid made it all worth it to me. Look at his face. He totally refused to eat the 'dirt' I told him was all we had to offer for dessert. No one could persuade him to try it until I finally had to tell him I was teasing him. Then he dug right in.


Kyson had no qualms with eating dirt.


Our meatloaf and mashed potato 'cake'. Complete with jell-o punch in the background.


In April Kyson did a 4-day soccer camp. I'm proud to say he was the loudest yeller during the repeat drills.



Easter morn. with child #1



Easter pics


The boys


With the mama


Easter morn. with child #2

(too busy stuffing his mouth with treats to smile)






March--was quite the month for Dillyboy.


He discovered the joy of ketchup




and of messes.




He found out he has a pretty big head.



And we found this lovely lymphangioma on the back of his neck.
Don't worry, he's totally fine. In fact it collapsed before we could show it to a pediatric surgeon in Calgary. We're waiting for it to come back, then there are some options for removal. Nothing to worry about though, I promise.






February


In February, Kyson got a haircut...

and Dillon learned how to do this.



January
Kyson tied a pretty stellar knot on the broom to drag it around.

Here's Dillon, at the VERY beginning of his mischief-making days, trying to unlock the bathroom door with my car keys. Shortly thereafter I had to start hiding the keys if I ever wanted to drive again.



Cuties playing hide and seek.


Kyson helping Maddie wash her hads off with a wet wipe after coloring with markers. What a good boy!

No comments: